Online Ordering and Fulfillment for Distribution
In an online ordering environment, the typical issues are as follows:
- Real-time inventory status
- Shipping rules and cost calculation
- Accepting different payment methods
- Time to fulfill (order turnaround)
- Order status and delivery tracking
The custom system we developed:
- Connected the inventory control and warehouse management systems and procedures;
- Calculated shipping costs in real-time by obtaining rates online from FedEx and UPS;
- Supported integration with multiple merchant gateways, including applying multiple payments for the same order;
- Gave customers online order history and shipping tracking information;
- Created online tools for call center staff to answer inquiries and process credits and returns;
- Integrated with Ariba Supplier Network to connect to large customers’ procurement systems.
Client retention for 8 consecutive years compared to annual competitive bidding process. Revenue increase by 30%.